Christmas Pot au Feu
Super créatif, le chef de la Pinte des Mossettes (15/20) à Cerniat, utilise beaucoup d'ingrédients de son jardin. Une touche appréciée!
1kg Beef flat rib
1kg Beef chuck
1 pce of Beef tongue (optional)
10-12 pcs of bone marrow (for the broth)
1 Bouquet garni
1 pce celery root
1 head of Fennel
2 white onions
1 whole garlic
2-3 Bay leaves
Dried coriander and cumin to taste
Salt to taste
5-6L of water
300g Heirloom Carrots
12 pcs Parsley root
12 pcs Parsnip
8 pcs Red beets
1 pc Cumbawa (kaffir lime)
1 pc Lemongrass
1 pc Aromatic fennel
1-2 tbsp of soy or fish sauce
2-3 pcs grated Horseradish
2 glugs of rapeseed or extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Mix together and let stand
Route des Echelettes 8
+41 26 927 20 97
- Cut the unpeeled carrots in half, then cut them into quarters lengthwise, dice the celery and fennel head, cut the leek into sections. Cut the head of garlic and the unpeeled onion in half. Add to a large pot with the cumin, coriander and bay leaf.
- Add a little salt.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 90 min. Strain, reserve. This is the cooking broth.
- Cover and simmer meat from cold water for about 30 minutes.
- Add meat and marrow bones to the cooking broth. Poach for about 3 hours, covered, at boiling point. Skim the top from time to time.
- Toss the roasting vegetables in rapeseed or olive oil. Roast in the oven for 35-45 mins at approx. 180 degrees. Slice and add to the simmering broth. Leave carrots whole.
Adjustment and serving
- Refresh the broth with some Cumbawa zest, lemongrass, aromatic fennel and soy sauce. Adjust the seasoning. Let infuse on the stove for 10 minutes. Baste the meat and vegetables generously.
- Cut the meat perpendicularly to the fibres into slices of about 1 cm thick and arrange with the roasting vegetables. Pour over the broth. Garnish with mountain herbs.
- Serve hot with horseradish cream.