RecetteCelerisotto, yellow wine, gruyere and walnuts
3 sticks of celery – including the leaves
2 large white onion
1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock
100g walnuts with shells
1 cup of vin jaune (yellow wine)
1 cup cream
500 g butter
500 g Gruyere cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
La table du Lausanne Palace
Rue du Grand Chêne 7-9
+41 21 331 32 15
Slice and Dice
- Peel and cut the celery into fine brunoise.
- Mince the white onion.
- Roast the walnut shells for 10 minutes.
- Make the stock with chicken or vegetable stock.
- Add remaining vegetables and the aromatic garnish and cook for 20 minutes.
Fleur de Céleri
- Make a celery rose using a Japanese unwinder.
- Cut into discs.
- Blanch the celery in a steamer or oven for 5 minutes.
- To finish the rose, lay out discs, each overlapping. Sprinkle with salt and celery leaves. Roll into a rose shape.
- Strain and filter the stock and keep half of it to make the emulsion with the cream and fresh butter.
- Sweat the onion in butter and add the brunoise celery and broth and cook quickly.
- Pour in the yellow wine.
- Mix the celerisotto with the cheese and butter. Slice and add remaining celery leaves.
- Add the crushed walnuts and arrange harmoniously on a plate.
- Finish with the emulsion and the celery rose.